Ok, Kobi and I are insane, and I love it! I adore him and that we play this teenage spin the bottle game in which I say some crazy idea and he makes it happen. That’s how we moved to Israel for seven and a half years and how we’re now in year three of life on the road at “The Nomadic Family.” We’re still pre-planning stages but post-freaking out stages of the “Oh My God It Would Be So Cool To Work On A Cruise Ship!” We know we want to do that, and relatively soon.
And now, there’s this other idea that’s been dancing around in my mind for a while. Just like I do not believe it is legal to say “I traveled the world” and not get to China, I do not believe we can be rtw adventures without stepping into Europe. And so, the next great, crazy plan is slowly unfolding itself before our eyes.
The Good Life
We are totally drinking up the higher class perks of Country Number 11. We felt spoiled to death living in really nice living arrangements like June’s Apartments and Back Home Hostel in Malaysia, and The Led Zephyr in Cambodia. We have recently reconnected to our ‘humanism’ consumerist side by living in nice places with toilet seats and padding flooring and other perks like that.
But, the real us, the life on the road style that has enabled us to stretch our money this far is B.U.D.G.E.T. and it will most likely be creative budget travels that will continue to support our rtw lifestyle.
The Next Crazy Nomadic Family Life On The Road Travel Plan
Ready? Ready? Ready?
We want to ride bikes across Europe! Yup! I know! It’s that crazy and that amazing!
We want to wait a bit until the kids grow up a tad more. We think that in order to pursue something that will require on-going effort and persistence, our lives will be easier if we waited a bit.
We have role models like Jennifer Miller at Edventure Project and Nancy Sathre-Vogel at Family On Bikes who have done journeys of this sort. So, we should read all that they’ve written, but knowing us, we’ll stubbornly want to make it out own way, discover our own path.
What We Do Know
- We know we want to keep bonding with the locals and backpackers we meet in Europe, like we have all over the world .
- We do know we’ll spend the winter in Spain and other warmer countries.
- We’ll hope to get some cool freebies along the way but will camp most of the way.
- We know we’ll travel to Europe the cheapest way we can find.
- We know at least Solai will be on tandem with me, and Kobi will most likely take the gear on a trailer.
- We know we’re dying to share with our kids the rich cultures, languages, foods, and arts of Europe!!!
- We know we’ll figure out a cheap enough way to make Europe a viable option for us.
- We know Kobi and I will soon sit down and sketch on the back of some receipt the potential dates of the rest of Asia, The Annapurna Circuit in Nepal, many months in India for deep meditation and more teaching spirituality classes, 3 months on a rtw cruise ship, and now a year biking through Europe.
God, I Love Freedom!
So, tell me does this make you want to be free? Seriously, don’t you want to just say, “I feel like doing this bad-ass crazy things so let’s get on it,” and why shouldn’t you? Have you biked through Europe? Are we still going to die how expensive it is? We wanted to do Eastern Europe too. Can we do it all slowly enough to get to know people and experience each place in a year? Talk to me, say ‘ah,’ just say something cuz Kobi and I are buzzing all over the place.
Wanna really really help us out friends? You can directly empower us to continue our travels. Did you know that the more YouTube views, the more comments on this blog, the more Google + action we have, the more Twitter followers, the more Facebook friends directly helps us make more money? How? Cuz we can ask advertisers for more money the more active our online presence is. So, help us out cuz you love us, subscribe to the blog, and our YouTube channel, and Twitter, tell everyone you know on Facebook to like us, and if you have any contacts with a newspaper or magazine- tell them how amazing we are! That is 100% directly funding our journey.
I love you…… mwah! Gabi