Dream! Before It’s Too Late
Is there something stirring in the bottom of your soul calling you to a bigger life, a better life, an epic life, the life you know you were meant to live?
Perhaps it’s always been there, but you’ve been afraid to feed it. You’ve been told not to feed it. You’ve become convinced that big dreams and a life in technicolor is not for you. A nd so you’ve settled for grey. You’ve settled for normal. You’ve settled for good enough. But in your soul, you know that good enough is not “good enough.” Not for you.
Dreams. What’s the big deal? A dream is a dream is a dream. We see them in the movies all the time. We go to sleep and have them. But what happens when we stop living for them? Who do we become when we no longer allow our dreams to guide us to that next plateau? I am a believer of dreams, big and small; and have some amazing pictures and the story they tell, that I’d like to share with you.
In addition to world travel, a totally relaxed lifestyle, and spending 100% of my time doing what inspires me, here’s a few we’ve made come true in the last 19 months on the road:
– Leave a life we were super happy and comfortable with for the nomadic life of unknowns and scary everythings
– Lose 25 pounds and get muscle-tone of a twenty year old athlete (must admit, I scare myself in this picture. I don’t walk around looking that buff. Here I was just trying…)
– Teach myself to play the guitar. Though i taught myself mostly to play the guitar, I heard anyone can take lessons for acoustic guitar online.
– Finally get that scuba-diving certification he always dreamed of
– Totally let go and let loose online and write “Fuck, Fuck, Fuck” (which still blows my mind)
-Author some soul-powerful, inspirational books that have changed people’s lives
– Do an RV road-trip (Kobi’s dream) in the US with a 30-foot Mama RV
-Teach, inspire, and help others with my Clean Your Soul class, in countries all over the world
And, some dreams I didn’t even know I had hidden in the crevices of my soul:
-To have the esteem honor to be in the presence of the King of Cambodia
– Be with our kids 24/7 but find that that terrifyingly suffocating thought, in actuality leaves huge spaces for me and for Kobi; and that we actually adore their company and intimately talking and sharing our lives with them, on a daily basis
-Nourish their moral fibers by becoming the main influential persons to mold our children into the mensches we hope they will be.
And how we made these dreams, some huge, some tiny come true was a great mix of luck, blessings, and tons of hard work and will power. We were lucky enough to read amazing books and be inspired in all the right ways to make the changes necessary for our dreams to become reality.
Dream Makers – A Rare Treat
There are a couple of women, who are dear and personal friends, and have inspired me a great deal in furthering my dreams. Their names are Jennifer Miller and Nancy Sathre-Vogel; two women whom I admire and have guided many to make their dreams come true. I couldn’t possibly say in a sentence what they’ve given me, and thousands of others, through their journeys around the globe, the books they’ve written, and the support and advice they’ve given others.
I will say this- walking legends don’t walk into your life every day, making their dreams come true.
Go for it! Make your dreams come true!
What do you have to say? Did you know we made all those dreams come true in our journey? Do you have any dreams you’d like to dust off and make happen? Be honest, is the muscles picture a bit too buff? (That was always a fear of mine.) Ever met someone famous and totally modest and amazing, like we met the King who was amazingly kind and open and modest?
——————————– WANNA HELP: SHARE!!!!!!!!!
ABOUT THE NOMADIC FAMILY:
The Nomadic Family of five spent three and a half years settling into small communities in 16 countries world-wide. Now, they are acclimating back into life in Northern Israel and the story continues. Gabi lived alone in India for 3 months this winter, Kobi is going backpacking for 2 months alone this Spring, and the family will spend this summer in Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, and Finland. Follow their adventures as they share their emotional journey, their spiritual growth; their falling apart and coming back together, the real ups and downs, the sticky, painful, colorful, and magical moments of life on the road and back home.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: